ENJOYMENT - the ICOM CECA Europe Conference
The European ICOM CECA Conference at Moesgaard Museum from th 6th - 8th October 2022.
The European ICOM CECA Conference brought together inspiring presentations, current research, and actionable input from experts of the field.
The conference topic was the Power of Enjoyment in museum programs - How to enhance wellbeing, social interaction, and positive experiences in our museums.
We took a closer look at the relationship between the educational and audience departments work and the results with the participants. We explored how our interactions influence the mindset of our visitors and the dynamics in our groups. The conference promotet dialogue between colleagues, shared examples and ideas in workshops and presentations as well as gave new insights in research on the topic.
6th - 7th October 2022 Conference days at Moesgaard Museum
8th October 2022 Excursion Day to the Museums of Aarhus
The conference took place on site at Moesgaard Museum
Find all presentations and program here:
The Conference covered following topics:
- Audience engagement
- Wellbeing & health
- Train the trainers – how to include enjoyment in our programs
- Enjoyment and accessibility
- Micro programs – short interactions to give the visit a new perspective
- Case studies of successful or not-so-successful implementations of daring audience programs
- Engagement vs learning or learning through engagement
- Happy workplaces – happy visitors, the influence of the intern structure to the programs
- Research Papers
Conference coordination: Wencke Maderbacher, Head of Education and Cultural Interaction at Moesgaard Museum; CECA Europe Coordinator